Home Forums General Discussion Forum Escape Wheel Pivot Repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    butch5319
    Participant

[attachment=1:3daj5fr4]Broken Pivot.jpg[/attachment:3daj5fr4]Hello I’m new to the forums and I have a question. Can a pivot be repaired on an escape wheel on a watch? I see repairs for balance wheels a lot but nothing for escape wheels. I’m looking at a watch for a friend (Stuhrling Original Automatic, Cal: ST-90050). One of the pivots on the escape wheel is broken and I fear I broke it. I’ve been told to look for a similar junk Japanese movement and I might get lucky and find the same size escape wheel. But it seems to me that the pivot should be repairable as maybe a last resort. Any thoughts or direction on this would be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Butch

Anonymous

Hi Butch,
        Yes the arbor can be re-pivoted. It can be a difficult job if the correct tooling isn’t on hand. There are people that offer the service available online and is normally fairly reasonable.
        Matt Henning at http://www.henningwatches.com/ does very good work as well as others listed in the big G search engine.
        Good luck Butch,
        Dan

butch5319
        Participant

Thanks so much for the reply. I called and got a ballpark price (about $100). In the meantime I picked up a doner watch of the same make and cal. with a good escape wheel. Hopefully I can replace it without any further trouble. Thanks again.

Butch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.