Home Forums General Discussion Forum Elgin GM Wheeler interchangeability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    randy
    Participant

Anyone know if the grade 347 – 17j – 12s- GM Wheeler has interchangeable parts with the grade 345 ???

I need a roller assy for my 347 ( cracked )

Thanks

Randy

Bob Tascione

Hi Randy,
        I’m not absolutely positively sure but I think that these changes were made between model numbers and not grades and that the combo roller would be the same for Elgin grades 345 and 347 model 3. I could be wrong though so just putting in my 2 cents. From what I can tell from what I have here for reference the roller changed going from model 3 to 4. Without having more reference books down here with me to confirm that though I’m pretty much guessing and going on memory. If I can find more info on it I’ll post it up here.
        Maybe someone up here has some better reference material or knows more about this and can help out.

Bob

peterclare
        Participant

Hi Randy, I don’t have any specific knowledge in the interchangeability of parts for these grades but in the past I have used http://www.elginwatchparts.com to get specific part numbers for Elgin grade movements. You may be able to cross reference the required part numbers for the respective grades to see if they match.

Regards

Peter

Bob Tascione

Thanks for posting that Peter!
            What an excellent and valuable resource!
            Looks like they interchange fine Randy.

Bob

randy
            Participant

Thanks everyone !
              great site,..I just bookmarked it

Best regards,

Randy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.