Home Forums General Discussion Forum Elgin 630 Calibre

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stevefitzwater
    Participant

Anyone have a resource for finding out the mainspring for this watch? The case refers to it as a Shockmaster wrist watch, every search I have tried comes back to the pocket watches.

Bob Tascione

Hi Steve
        Any chance that your movement is a Grade 630 size 13/0 ? If so my Elgin book calls for a DuraPower spring but is only giving me the low, standard and high power strengths and not the Catalog numbers. If you can confirm the size for me I can try to dig a bit deeper.

Bob

stevefitzwater
        Participant

not sure of the size, but it is not a 13/0, I would guess either 6/0 or 3/0, mens wrist watch..

I have the old MS, I will measure it and order one from that, thanks Bob

Bob Tascione

Hi Steve,
            Yes you are probably right about the size. The 13/0 was the size given for a grade 711 which uses the same mainspring. Here’s an interchangeability list of additional grades that use the same mainspring which may help when ordering:
            Grades 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716. 717, 718, 719, 721, 724 all use the same springs accourding to my Elgin service manual.
            Having that old original spring should be a big help.
            Good luck,
            Bob

stevefitzwater
            Participant

thanks Bob, sry for the delay in responding, been under the weather a lot..

Bob Tascione

Hey no problem Steve.
                Hope you’re feeling a lot better now.

Bob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.