Home Forums General Discussion Forum easy way to reassemble full plate pocket watche

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    showaddywaddy
    Participant

hi every one having a problem reassembling full plate pocket watches are they an easy way of doing it

Bob Tascione

Hi Showaddywaddy,
        Yes there is a quick trick that will make assembly of a full plate Much easier. Assemble the movement upside down. That is, with balance cock down towards bench top, place all gears, pallet lever etc. into position, place other plate in position and then begin aligning arbor pivots into their corresponding holes while working plate down onto the piller shoulders.
        Good luck and enjoy!
        Bob

willofiam

Hey showaddywaddy, the hardest thing I feel is getting the lever in the right area, I have been putting them back together “upside down” if there is such a thing, possibly I am upside down and I am putting the watch together right side up IN ANY CASE I have found that if the lever is already into the area of the lower balance jewel bracket thingy then is seems to be easier. Hope that makes sense, William

willofiam

SORRY Bob, I think we posted at the same time, at any rate dont listen to me, please take Bobs advice. thank you, WIlliam

showaddywaddy
            Participant

thanks bob i knew you would have a good way of doing it,thanks willofiam

Bob Tascione

You’re welcome Showaddywaddy!
                I think you’ll find full plate assembly much easier now.
                Looks like William does the exact same thing. Didn’t see you up here when I posted William but you’re right…we must have been posting at the same time!
                Good luck Showaddy. Let us know how it works out.

Bob

arutha
                Participant

Another method is just to put all the parts in a bag and keep shaking until it all goes back together. I know the odds are quite slim on that but William said if I keep at it I should get it back together one day. :)
                  I cant give you any advice on a better method than has already been suggested but if you have a particular wheel that is leaning too far from its correct position it would well be worth checking for wear in the pivot and pivot hole. This can be one of the main problems when putting a full plate back together.
                  Good luck.
                  Paul.

willofiam

Paul, you must be talking about the big bang theory, order out of chaos. But yes if you keep shaking the bag (and I hear your a good shaker), possibly? in a few trillion years it could be back together. William

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.