Home Forums General Discussion Forum E Howard Tower Clock Repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

This is a very interesting demonstration of how to repair a broken gear shaft. It happens to be on a tower clock, at the end of the presentation he takes you through a tour as he re-installs the part that he repaired.

I like this guy and how he works, he has good machining techniques and his work is nice, it’s an enjoyable series to watch, if you like this stuff 😆

TOWER CLOCK REPAIR

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Thanks Chris. I really enjoyed those video’s. He has some great techniques.

chris mabbott
        Participant

Me too Bernie, I felt like I was in the shop with him. He’s not at all pretentious nor bombastic about his talents, just sharing for enjoyment.
          I spent about 4 hrs watching his videos during the quiet hours between 1-4 am :-)
          If you get chance, watch the one about the bell..

bernie weishapl
          Participant

I did Chris. They were really cool. He is just a good old boy who enjoys what he does for sure.

chris mabbott
            Participant

I would love to apprentice under a guy like that, all the ones I worked “for or under” had serious personality disorders and illusions of godhood 😆

bernie weishapl
              Participant

I know what you mean. I worked under one for a while but if you even tried to suggest anything he would go ballistic. So I just figured I could learn on my own.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.