Home Forums General Discussion Forum Draw Bar for a 8mmlathe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    its time
    Participant

I have a Wolf Jahn 8 mm and need a draw bar. I’ve been watching ebay to no avail. The spindle is 117.00 mm long and I need a bar at least 85.00 mm long. There bars on ebay but too short.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Nelson Collar

willofiam

Nelson, would you be able to make one? I am pretty sure you can buy the taps and dies for the 8mm. William

its time
        Participant

William
          I ordered up a tap, it’s impossible to fine the right one. The one I have coming is a .275 x 40 which I can work the .275 down some if needed. The range of .260 to .275 is not that much because they do not require that much pressure to hold the collets. The more I search I find out what more of my parts in my box go to. I like the shape it is starting to take. I’ll get some pictures soon.
          Thanks for all.
          Nelson

its time
          Participant

The tap finally got here and I had the blank to size and bored, just waiting for the tap. It looks very good and holds better than I thought with as much of variation between the different 8mm collets. It is better that I made it that way I can replace it at anytime. Now to mount it and motor it up.
            Real sooooon :D
            Nelson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.