Home Forums General Discussion Forum Dial Feet Soldering

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

This is a neat little setup, I wonder if there are any plans to make one?DIAL FEET SOLDERING MACHINE

tmac1956
      Participant

Chris:

That’s pretty neat! I think I would add a protractor to allow me to align the feet within the soldering process. Still…. very nice.

Since he showed a phone number, it appears that he might be building and selling them.

Thanks for sharing!
        Tom

chris mabbott
        Participant

That’s a good idea Tom. Hey, if you call him, ask him for a price on two or more, maybe he’ll give us a good price :)

tmac1956
          Participant

Chris:

To only thing unique is the spot welder. If we can find out how he did it, then it would be easy to build your own. I’m looking into it.

Later,
            Tom

bernie weishapl
            Participant

Now that is pretty slick. I can see that for spot welding the leaves that hold the glass in on clock bezels. Good find Chris.

chris mabbott
              Participant

Keep us updated Tom, I want one, that was 97% want with the rest being need :ugeek:

Bernie, you’re right, it should be able to do it nicely, but what type of solder would you use? Have you ever tried the solder paste over the hard type?

Has anyone tried the brass/copper solder for any watch clock work?

Here’s an interesting thing… When I returned home from a work trip to India, I was in the Mumbai airport, blessedly it’s a civilized place that has a smoking area.
                Although no lighters are allowed past the security check point (and no none passengers are allowed in the airport either)
                They still accommodate by providing this means to conjure up the holy flame of Antioch 😆
                It’s a simple but effective short circuit, when you press the button, it heats up 😆 When I first saw it I was WTF :?:
                Groovy..

david pierce
                Participant

Chris,
                  You often stated that you have no hair on your head; mystery solved!
                  david

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

😆 😆 😆 Good one David.

chris mabbott
                    Participant

Easy there boyz, there are laws in place to protect us bald guys from being ganged up on :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.