Home Forums General Discussion Forum demagnetisers, what to buy? where to buy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    james1983
    Participant

Hello all,

I went to take apart a watch today and the first thing I noticed was the screw I removed hanging from my screwdriver. Placed it on the bench, put the screwdriver near and Zap, right to the tip from over half an inch away……

So, now it seems I am in need of a method to remove or De-gauss my tools and watch parts. Anyone know where to buy a nice bench top for around $50 CAD.?

James

kybill2011
      Participant

Hello James.

I have seen many types on ebay and I have tried several of them. The ones you pass your parts over the top or the ones that have a hole to pass things thru and I did not care for either type. From ebay I bought a Magna-Flux Demagnitzer, it plugs into a wall socket. You place you item(s) on top and press the button and wah-la its demagnitized. I love this machine. The ones I first mentioned can be bought for under $10.00 but I have seen the Magna-Flux go anywhere from $50-100’s. If I remenber correctly I paid $65.00 plus shipping for mine. That’s quite a bit more than the first ones I mentioned but It works great and to me it was worth it. There are many types out there, hope you find one that works for you. Hope this helps. Bill

Bob Tascione

Hi James,
          I agree with Bill. The cheaper demagnetizers work but not nearly as well as the type Bill mentions.
          I prefer the older coil type that Arutha talked about in a previous thread located at http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=361 but I’m just old fashioned and set in my ways when it comes to tools. Either one (of good quality) works well.
          Hope you find a good deal.
          Enjoy!
          Bob

kybill2011
          Participant

Thanks for agreeing with me Bob, I wish I could get my wife to do the same! 😆

james1983
            Participant

thanks for the info guys, I managed to get one really cheap. its old but works. tested it on my screwdriver issue and is now mag-free. Only $15 CND. plus shipping

Bob Tascione

You found a good one James!

Bob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.