Home Forums General Discussion Forum cukoo clocks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    clockman1509
    Participant

Good evening all,can anyone give me advise on where I can obtain some sort of course on CD re Cuckoo Clock repair. I bought a non working Cuckoo Clock of of Ebay a few weeks ago, I sat and looked at it for a couple of weeks, and then thought what the hell in for a penny in for a pound, made line drawings of where rods went, then stripped out, re bushed and polished the pivots and put the movement back together, put it back into its case refitted the rods, cuckoo,chains & weights. every thing worked apart from the cuckoo kept banging its head on the side of the case, After much fiddling in a small space it now finally works. I suppose you are all thinking why do I want a course for cuckoo clocks. Well this was only a one bird clock, and I know that some others have far more intricate workings, and a course would be fantastic to refer to in time of difficulty. I look forward to all your thoughts and comments.
      thanks guys
      Alan

willofiam

Hey Alan, I know what you mean, they call them cuckoo clocks for a reason, can drive you coo coo in a short time (sometimes like bangin your head on the doorway 🙄 ). I didnt get any sort of a course and have worked on many cuckoo clocks, different styles and configurations, some with music boxes and levers here and there for all sorts of fun things. I hope you find something but if not some study will reveal how things should work together in these clocks. there are some good books out there on cuckoo clocks also but any names escape me. I will get back to you with that. Sounds to me like you did pretty good with that one, dont be afraid to dive in, you can always get some help here. Remember to think first then bend. ;) oh, and have fun, William

c.kelly
        Participant

Hi,
          You might search cuckoo clock hospital. This guy has two dvd’s where he shows an example of working on a cuckoo and another where he works on a music box. I don’t have them but I understand they are pretty good.
          Charles

clockman1509
          Participant

Thanks William, I thought I would be in over my head, maybe I was just lucky and thank you Charles for your tip on the cuckoo clock hospital, I will do a search when
            I have posted this on the forum.
            thanks again chaps.I will be back on the forum later to let you know the outcome.
            Alan.

clockman1509
            Participant

Hi Charles I have order the two videos from the cuckoo clock hospital, when they arrive I will give an update to one and all.
              thanks again
              Alan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.