Home Forums General Discussion Forum clock ,,watch timers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    joem1964
    Participant

hello members,,,
      can anyone give an opinion on a watch an clock timing machine,,,,
      I’m a novice and just spent more money than I have on a bushin tool,spring winder ,lr ultrasonic mach ,so don’t want to bye one of those high dollar timing machines.
      any opinion on the mirco set machines,,,working on watches,clocks,,,can I time watches an clocks right on bench,beat error,are they half way easy to understand for a novice,hows the quality,will I get some years of service from it,also which model ?
      thank you for your help
      joe

bernie weishapl
      Participant

I have this one I use on watches and clocks. http://www.bmumford.com/mset/model3.html IMHO it is the best for the money. In fact I have 3 of them. One is the older microset 2 which I use on clock calls. I wouldn’t be without them especially with the computer interface. I can time and save it for a watch or clock to go back to if I have another one giving me trouble. For the money I don’t think they can be beat.

joem1964
        Participant

thanks Berne
          can I time a watch right at the bench,,i guess you recommend the micro-set 3
          thank you so much
          joe

arutha
          Participant

Hi Joe,
            I have the microset 3, it needs to be used with a pc to get the most benefit from it but it is brilliant at what it does and yes, you can time a watch at the bench with it as it has a”paper tape” style read out but you only get to see this if it is plugged into a pc.
            Paul.

bernie weishapl
            Participant

Paul answered the question. Yes you can time it at the bench. I bought a used laptop with Vista on it for $75. I installed the software for the microset 3 on it and it is easy to roll up to the bench on the small roll around cart. Hook it up and let it time away. A lot of times I like to let the watch and timer run for more than a few minutes so I just wheel it out of the road, start the timing and let it go from 1 to 6 hrs. Then you can save that session on the computer for example Elgin18s17j. You can go back and look then at the complete timing sequence.

joem1964
              Participant

Bernie,,that sounds great! timing then without equipment is so time consuming,plus I can check it all postions,,
                thanks,joe

bernie weishapl
                Participant

Yes you can and Bryan is a great guy to deal with as well as his customer support.

tmac1956
                  Participant

@Bernie Weishapl wrote:

Paul answered the question. Yes you can time it at the bench. I bought a used laptop with Vista on it for $75. I installed the software for the microset 3 on it and it is easy to roll up to the bench on the small roll around cart. Hook it up and let it time away. A lot of times I like to let the watch and timer run for more than a few minutes so I just wheel it out of the road, start the timing and let it go from 1 to 6 hrs. Then you can save that session on the computer for example Elgin18s17j. You can go back and look then at the complete timing sequence.

Bernie:

Did you get the hairspring vibrating attachment?

Thanks!
                    Tom

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

No I didn’t Tom. I have a friend of mine who does that for me when needed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.