Home Forums General Discussion Forum Clock movements galore!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    peggy332014
    Participant

Hi Everyone! :D I struck “pay dirt” ❗ ❗

All sorts of clock movements to purchase! Nothing over $70 and most are around $39! Go get some but leave a few for me! 😆 All you have to do to purchase is email them with the product number and they’ll get you set up to purchase!

http://www.theclocksmiths.com/Pages/ClockPartsPage_Movements.htm

OH BUMMER! I try to click to email them, and it says not email option not available!!!!! UH OH!!!!

chris mabbott
      Participant

Great site Peggy, but what about us Pocket Watch guys, nobody loves us :(

arutha
        Participant

I wonder what these guys are doing with the clock cases?

peggy332014
          Participant

They have pocket watches… but I’ve found out that to click the ’email us’ links, they don’t work! What a bummer!

Here’s the pocket watch and watch page. It’s under watch restoration from their home page.
            http://www.theclocksmiths.com/Pages/Watch_Restoration_Page1.htm

arutha
            Participant

if you click the”Contact Us” at the top of the page it works :)

arutha
              Participant

If its not working for you their email address is – [email protected]
                Paul.

peggy332014
                Participant

I figured out why I couldn’t email! This pc is new to me, and I had not set up an email host! It’s working now! His email is [email protected]

peggy332014
                  Participant

Thanks guys! You’re ahead of me! LOL!

YAY! It’s like candy at a candy store! Let’ see…which ones do I want… I know…one of each!!! 😆 😆 😆

Got to wait till the first of the month! ;) :D

peggy332014
                    Participant
                      chris mabbott
                      Participant

Peggy, you da gal 😆 thanks for all the links, that will keep me busy for a spell..

Paul, I thought the same thing, where are those cases?? I have the same feeling when I see movements on eBay, I’m sure the silver/gold cases have hit the smelter so it puts me off buying just a movement, even though I might need it, robbing Peter….
                        That and those bloody steampunk artists 👿 Honey, where’s my shotgun ;)

peggy332014
                        Participant

:D :P You’re welcome!

Arutha, maybe you can email that clocksmith guy “Jeff Smith” and ask him where you can get some empty clock cases.

arutha
                          Participant

Chris,
                            some of these watch movements you see would have had gold cases, all that craftsmanship gone to be melted down to make naff rings or chains :(
                            I was reading an article about this guy who was working in Clerkenwell just after the war. Customers were bringing in old verge pocket watches which the jeweler was buying for the gold. As soon as the customer left the movement was removed and the enameling smashed off of the case so the gold could be re-used. The guy writing the article said he lost count of how many watches ended up like this as at the time there was quite a gold shortage. When he thinks back now to that time it makes him feel sick. I had a similar feeling while reading the article :(

Peggy, I dont need any cases, I just wonder were all those movements came from, they were in cases once. I just hope this guy isn’t throwing out the cases just to sell the movements although in this day and age a complete clock is worth more than just the movement.

Paul.

peggy332014
                            Participant

Worth some thought, for sure! 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.