• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can get some clicks for hermle 1161 series chain wheels. I have attached a pic’s of what they look like. Black Forest Imports and Butterworth clocks don’t have them.

arutha
      Participant

Bernie, if it was me I would make them, if you have brass sheet the same thickness drill the holes out first then superglue the old clicks onto the new sheet and just file up to shape leaving a bit of extra meat around the tips. A guy like you would have these done in no time!
        Paul

david pierce
        Participant

Paul, Bernie,
          I would like to add a thought to making a part for something. Most mechanical parts have dimensions that are critical and other dimensions that are not. Looking at the picture of your part, the dimension between the hole and the contact end look critical, and the rest of the part could be clearance or art or both. If the critical dimensions are sufficient to make the part work properly, the rest of the part can be close enough to look correct but may or may not be exact.
          david

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Paul after yesterdays search I am probably going to have to make them. Nobody carries them and the dealers for hermle said they didn’t think they made those for parts. The other thing would be I would have to make the rivets for them also as nobody carried them either. I have a drawer full of click rivets for about any click and they are all to small in diameter for these. Oh well more fun. :mrgreen:

willofiam

sounds like you have alot going on there. keep your chin up and turn that frown upside down :D can be a real bugger at times but those are the times you learn and become more efficient. try and have some fun with it today Bernie….it will all work out in the end ;) William

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Thanks William. I have some brass plate so will make up a few as time goes.

Do have a smile this morning as late last night found out the grandkids are coming for the weekend and the fair. So this morning about 5 am I put 19 lbs of pork butt rubbed down with a Carolina/Memphis rub to smoke for 12 hrs or so. Already smells good and can almost taste it. The clicks can wait till next week. 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.