Home Forums General Discussion Forum Cleaning Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stevefitzwater
    Participant

Ok, now that I am doing more and more of this “hobby”, I am looking to make some changes to the way I do my cleaning, and I am struggling to find solutions, multiple searches of the forum have yield no answers, so I am asking here

How do you store you solutions, by this I mean, since I have decided to hand clean for now, that part is resolved, I have a “Rubbermaid” container with my cleaning solution in it, but the NAPTHA or DNA, what are you using to hold these chemicals? I am assuming (yeah I know, never assume) you have perm. containers/wash tanks that you are using and due to the low vaporizing levels, I am assuming air tight, and some level of chemical resistance.

In Bob’s video he used a old sterilizer tank, but I am having no success finding container that is both wide and deep for the larger clock movements and chemically resistant to what we use.

namonllor1953
      Participant

Hi Steve,
        glass jars with screw lids
        small paint cans that can be purchased at home depot or loews
        To minimize evaporation put stainles steel ball bearings in the jar so as to take up air space in the jar. the closer the fluid is to the top of the jar, the less evaporation will take place.
        Hope this helps.

bernie weishapl
        Participant

I have a 2 1/2 gallon rubbermaid container that holds my DNA that has a tight fitting lid. Big enough to put the plates in and parts in. I have 2 gallons in it.

stevefitzwater
          Participant

Thanks Ren and Bernie!

I was looking at the Rubbermaid containers, but was worried it was not “air tight” enough, I am currently using “paint containers” now, then I pour them into a Rubbermaid container to use, then back into the paint cans.

Like normal, I was over thinking things again, thinking I needed something more specific for this..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.