• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    garyk706
    Participant

I have a 31 day cramer wall clock. When it chimes it goes so fast it sounds like a machine gun.

Any suggestions–Thanks Gary

willofiam

Hey Gary, My first thought is to check the tension of the fly to its arbor, if it is too loose then then it wont govern the speed. The fly should be firmly friction fit. When the train accelerates and or decelerates it should be able to slip on the arbor. If your able to on a movement try experimenting with the fly tension…it can be challenging but a great way to get a good idea on its function. William

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Another problem with those 31 day clocks is some of the different flies have small weights on them. If they are missing it can cause that problem. A picture of your fly would sure help us see what is going on.

willofiam

Thats right Bernie, I didnt even think of that, good catch….. I have also seen the weights, felt, rubber disks ect… The concept is the same though = governing the speed.
            I just had clock in that had a wheel break loose from the arbor in the strike train, it still functioned but the fly and the wheel next to the fly were inoperable. It too sounded like a machine gun.
            Anything so far a possibility Gary?
            William

garyk706
            Participant

Thanks so much guys. I did do some looking at the fly wheel and was not tight. That did the trick.. Thanks again !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.