Home Forums General Discussion Forum cheap chime clock with pendulum won’t run

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gfgrant
    Participant

Hello everyone. Well I’m a total novice at clock repair and I’m taking Bob Tasciones clock repair course. However I’m not very far along yet. I bought a cheap clock to practice on and was told it runs. Perfect! the problem is I wound it up and the pendulum swings for about a half minute or less and then stops. I’m so new at this I really don’t know where to start. I was hoping that someone could at least point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gordon Grant.

chris mabbott
      Participant

Hey Gordon,

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of that wibbly wobbly thing called time, and the reparation of the little devices that measure it 😆

I’m a pocket watch guy but in my infinite wisdom I decided to try clocks which are a lot different, so, even though I can only welcome you, I’ll be watching the responses with interest as I’m sure I will encounter this same issue.

A helpful suggestion for the forum is… A photo tells a thousand tales, so whenever possible, please post pics of the item you’re having trouble with, and also because we like to see them 8-)
        Just yell out if you need a hand posting pix…

willofiam

Hey Gordon, welcome to the forum, sounds like your already having some fun :D As for your clock, like Chris mentions, try and get up a photo, we all love that!!!! could be many different things going on but first I will ask if you can tell if it is in beat or not? Did you buy it locally? William

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.