Home Forums General Discussion Forum Centering scope…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I finally got my centering scope in today. It fits into a collet or spindle in my mini-mill or lathe tail stock. I don’t know how I got along without this tool in the past. It’s well worth the money.

Here’s the link if you’re interested. Scroll down to the 45X Fine Centering Scope at the bottom of the page.
      http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=403&PMITEM=325-1357

Thanks David!
      Tom

david pierce
      Participant

You’re welcome

chris mabbott
        Participant

That’s a cute little item Tom, does this mean that I can send you some orders for staffs I need making 😆

david pierce
          Participant

There is a video on Youtube showing the making of a pilar plate. It starts by rough sawing the part out of a brass plate with a copy machine drawing glued to the plate. When the sawn plate is mounted to a faceplate in a lathe the operator is using one of these scopes to center the holes. I think it was the video from the Oklahoma University Watch School. If you have not seen this it is worth watching.
            david

tmac1956
            Participant

@Chris Mabbott wrote:

That’s a cute little item Tom, does this mean that I can send you some orders for staffs I need making 😆

I don’t do staffs, but I can now center the heck out of a gridline for locating holes. ;)

Later,
              Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.