Home Forums General Discussion Forum Case press

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    demewill
    Participant

How do you select the proper size die when using a case press for a snap back? i.e. should the hollow die press on the bezel ring, outside of the crystal of course, or should the die fit around the bezel and press on the small area of the case top?
      I have a Swiss Army case that requires more muscle than my fingers can apply.

Thanks,

Dan

arutha
      Participant

Hi Dan,
        here is a good video on how its done – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNNoXImwC9g
        Paul.

demewill
        Participant

Thanks Paul. In the video,it looks like the die is pressing on the bezel and not the actual case. That is what I wanted to clear up.
          Dan

david pierce
          Participant

Dan,
            I also use the case press to press mainspring barrel covers back on. The flat nylon die does a nice job of pressing the cap back on without warping it.
            david

demewill
            Participant

Thanks for that tip. I like to multi-task my tools whenever i can. My case press is a small arbor press with dies I have turned on the lathe. I am careful to limit the force I use.

Dan

demewill
              Participant

Thanks for that tip. I like to multi-task my tools whenever i can. My case press is a small arbor press with dies I have turned on the lathe. I am careful to limit the force I use.

Dan

demewill
                Participant

Dan

demewill
                  Participant

Dan

demewill
                    Participant

Dan

demewill
                      Participant

Dan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.