Home Forums General Discussion Forum Can I repair a quartz watch?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yerigh
    Participant

I recently purchased a Nixon Rotolog wristwatch. It worked for a couple hours then stopped running. I replace the battery and it worked for minute or two and stopped again. How can I check to see if the movement needs to be replaced or if it can be repaired?
      Thanks to anyone that can help.
      Peter

Bob Tascione

Hi Peter,

I’ll just toss in my 2 cents worth here It’s been awhile since I’ve worked with quartz watches but when I did I used a Horotec Pulse type tester. They were cheap a few years back (about $50 USD). If you’re going to be doing a lot of work with quartz watches then grabbing a quartz watch tester would probably be a good investment. I just took a look at the prices for you and the Horotech Turbo Pulse tester looks like a pretty nice one. Not cheap though. The one I have has an accelerator which pulses the movement causing the gear train to spin and also tests the coil. Just putting the watch (complete) on the tester often causes what ever is stopping the watch to break loose and start running. You can take a look at them at http://www.jewelerssupplies.com/watch-testing-equipment-ss2.html

I’m sure there are a lot more testers out there that I’m not up on. Maybe others up here that are actively working with quartz watches can add to this.

Enjoy Peter!
        Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.