Home Forums General Discussion Forum Building a Jacot Tool for your Lathe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

Tmac,
      for watch pivots I would be using the jacot tool, I only do it by hand like this for clock pivots. I hope I havn’t just talked you into buying something you cant use? 😳 If that is the case I would gladly buy the lignum from you and pay the postage to get it to me. The bed size only has to be big enough to hold the pivot in place as when you burnish you are using quite a bit of pressure which helps to keep the pivot in place. I just file up a small “V” so at two thirds of the pivot is showing above the top of the bed. The beauty of using small blocks of wood is you can file up the beds in different sizes all around the edges of the block, so when you start of with a small “V” and over time it gets enlarged, you just start a new smaller one a bit further along the edge.
      Paul.

tmac1956
      Participant

@Arutha wrote:

Tmac,
        for watch pivots I would be using the jacot tool, I only do it by hand like this for clock pivots. I hope I havn’t just talked you into buying something you cant use? 😳 If that is the case I would gladly buy the lignum from you and pay the postage to get it to me. The bed size only has to be big enough to hold the pivot in place as when you burnish you are using quite a bit of pressure which helps to keep the pivot in place. I just file up a small “V” so at two thirds of the pivot is showing above the top of the bed. The beauty of using small blocks of wood is you can file up the beds in different sizes all around the edges of the block, so when you start of with a small “V” and over time it gets enlarged, you just start a new smaller one a bit further along the edge.
        Paul.

No – that’s fine, as I plan on working on clocks as well (eventually). I just wanted to get some before it disappears. :)

THanks!
        Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.