Home Forums General Discussion Forum Build the Spitz Bench

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    blondfellow
    Participant

Chris, the bench looks a real treat I use an old roll top desk with extra large legs to lift it to a comfortable working hight. Cost me $50 out of the paper. The best thing about a roll top desk is it keeps out the dust by closing it when not at the desk, it has little pidgin holes for my stuff as well as some good side draws for my tools.

chris mabbott
      Participant

That’s a nice setup, I ESPECIALLY like the Tardis :D I’m a huge fan from waaay back when it started.

At the end of the day, we all have our own setup that suits us, and that’s part of the fun, designing our own space, also to see everyone else’s ideas..

david pierce
        Participant

Maitai 11,
          One idea you might want to consider is to have a metal fabrication shop make the base and have the top made out of granite. The shops that make granite countertops for kitchens and bathrooms can make that bench top probably for less money than you would spend messing around with a butcher block configuration. You would also end up with a better product that would not be prone to warpage.
          david

maitai11
          Participant

David,

You saying my work is bad?

Haha, I’m just kidding around. Never thought of granite, but that sounds like a reasonable idea…maybe when I make it back East in a few years. I wouldn’t want to ship something like that 5,000 miles.

Take care.

Tim :)

david pierce
            Participant

Maitai,
              Georgia has granite counter top companies all over the place. Home Depot and Lowe’s also offers them for sale. So Hawaii does not have this? There are also faux products such as Corian that look like granite.
              david

maitai11
              Participant

Hi David,

All good tips, and yes, we have it all. I’m actually more inclined to use something like Corian because it’s so customizable. I’ll put all this in my quiver for when I’m ready to pull this bow and arrow back, aim, and release. :)

Thanks for your good help.

Tim :)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.