Home Forums General Discussion Forum Broken center wheel…maybe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jhargrove77
    Participant

I’m hoping someone has had a similar experience and can share their knowledge.
      I’m working on an Omega R13.5 movement and am getting ready to put it back together after cleaning. I’m concerned about my center wheel. Is it possible that the canon pinion is not drilled completely through and just slides over the center shaft? If not, the center shaft has broken off because the canon pinion hole does not go all the way through. The outer end that holds the minute hand is not hollow. I have another movement but I think the center wheel arbor may be shorter because the dial from the original watch sets proud of the canon pinion and there’s not enough shaft for the hands to attach to. The second movement’s dial pins are shorter and the hour wheel is shorter even though they are the same movement number. I’m stuck using the original movement to fit the case. The Omega R13.5 is a tiny movement and anyone with experience servicing one could really help me out with your expertise.

drichards
      Participant

Hello,
        Yes you do see canon pinions like this. I am not positive about that Omega cal but fairly certain that it is correct. A through hole is of course necessary when there is a sweep second involved.

All the best,
        Dean

jhargrove77
        Participant

Thanks Dean. I’ve been putting off reassembly until I got some kind of update. I really appreciate your response. Now I’ll attempt to put it all back together. Wish me luck. The movement is the size of a nickle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.