Home Forums General Discussion Forum Broach and Reaming Tools?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    spwilbur
    Participant

Hello gang. I’m interested in buying a quality hand reamer, perhaps Bergeon. I’d love to buy the the Bergeon Bushing Tool, but can’t afford to pay $900 right now. Does anyone have suggestions for me?
      Also, I’m interested in a quality broaching set, probably Swiss made. Any thoughts?

-steve-

Bob Tascione

Hi Steve,
        Those hand reamer sets are perfect for starting out. In fact many people use them for years with good success. Here’s a link to a few sets up on Timesavers http://timesavers.com/search.html?q=hand+reamers&go=Search
        As for broaches I personally would buy quality. I have a set that has lasted for years and have gone through a set of cheap ones in no time at all. Not sure what would be a good choice as far as brand goes since I haven’t purchased any for a very long time but I’m sure others up here will be able to add some helpful input.

Bob

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Bob is right. Cheap doesn’t cut it. Buy quality and be done with it. I have a set I paid big bucks for many years ago and they are still solid and still working great.

spwilbur
          Participant

Thank you guys, I appreciate your thoughts on this. I will do some homework to figure out what good quality brands exist. Your comment is exactly how I was thinking Bernie–buy quality and be done with it.

-steve-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.