Home Forums General Discussion Forum Brass Screwdriver blades…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I’m trying to find a set of brass screwdriver blades but I’m having no luck with my efforts. Has anyone purchased these recently – if so, where?

Thanks!
      tmac

arutha
      Participant

Buy some hard brass wire in different sizes and make your own, very simple and quite satisfying :)
        Other than that I dont know if I have ever seen brass blades, what are they used for?
        Paul.

tmac1956
        Participant

@Arutha wrote:

Buy some hard brass wire in different sizes and make your own, very simple and quite satisfying :)
          Other than that I dont know if I have ever seen brass blades, what are they used for?
          Paul.

I just thought I’d use them if I were to ever work on a very expensive movement. Additionally, I’ll get a set of brass tweezers. It might keep me from scratching things. One slip is all it takes – for me anyway.
          Thanks!
          tm

tmac1956
          Participant

Arutha
            What company is a good supplier of hard brass wire?
            Thanks!
            tmac

david pierce
            Participant

Tmac,
              Brass is hardened by hammering the metal. Even at that it will probably not work very well. Bronze is a harder metal and is often used for tools where sparking can be a safety issue.
              david

tmac1956
              Participant

@david pierce wrote:

Tmac,
                Brass is hardened by hammering the metal. Even at that it will probably not work very well. Bronze is a harder metal and is often used for tools where sparking can be a safety issue.
                david

david:

That explains why I can’t find them anywhere. Well… here’s another “Duhhh” moment for me.

Say, with regards to my question about plug gauges… would you give me some guidance one the best sizes for watch repair?
                viewtopic.php?f=2&t=697#p3856

Thanks
                tmac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.