Home Forums General Discussion Forum Bergeon Platax Tool & Graver Sharpening Machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    david pierce
    Participant
      arutha
      Participant

Hi David, I have added the links into your post, if you prefer I didn’t do this please let me know.
        Paul.

chris mabbott
        Participant

The vultures are already flocking around the platax, 17 bids, but probably in the last ten seconds someone will snipe the prize :D

The graver sharpener is nice, but I suppose it’s either too rich or as I’ve been noticing lately, eBay bidders seem to be making a statement against the buy it now sellers by simply NOT buying now. It’s fun to watch..

david pierce
          Participant

Chris,
            A lot of people abuse these tools or do not use them properly. The thin slots are often torn out due to people using them to pound parts off of a staff. The tool provides holes for that. By the time the final bid is reached it would probably be better to buy a brand new one and learn how to use it properly.

Paul,
            Thanks for putting the links in. I don’t know how to do it and it is very helpful.
            david

chris mabbott
            Participant

David here’s a YouTube link that will show you how to copy/paste a link….

david pierce
              Participant

Chris,
                Thanks, I will give it a try. The usual procedure for me is I spend an entire weekend trying to get this stuff to work and in the end it doesn’t work. So far I have spent a total of six working days trying to post a picture and managed to get a couple of pictures (Bergeon Lathe and Unitron Mivroscope) sent over to Bob. After that I couldn’t get it to work properly. I will try and work on it when I can find a few days to throw away.
                david

david pierce
                Participant

There is a used Bergeon Platax tool for sale on Ebay that looks like it was worked on with a sledge hammer and then stored under a running water spigot for a couple of years. Ebay #321338241567. This tool would be a bad deal if the seller was asking $4.00 for the item. It needs a new wheel, all of the tooling and the storage block. It is up for sale for $400.00 and for a little more a person can purchase a brand new one that includes all of the tooling.
                  david

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.