Home Forums General Discussion Forum Bergeon Bushing Machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    doug s
    Participant

Hi,
      Can anyone tell me about this Bushing machine whether or not you recommend it. I have seen it on eBay for about half price of other Bergeon Machines. It looks like the plate is held down by three magnets which seems like it would be difficult to line and center the bush hole.

Thank you,

blondfellow
      Participant

Hi Doug, I agree it would be hard to centre the plate, also I would not like to have magnets next to the movement

doug s
        Participant

Okay, thank you for your reply. It is half price for a reason.

chris mabbott
          Participant

Gentlemen, gentlemen, now I must insist that for some, Bergeon can do no wrong, it is, after all, the toolmakers version of the Vatican 😆

I personally have no idea about this machine, but I must concede to the comment…. Magnets baaad, 😮
            There are a few threads on the forum, some of which I tried to find, but the search refuses to comply due the vast amount of references to the word bushing, even though I used the advanced search..

Our very own Bernie has posted his machine, if you can find the thread, this should provide you with an example of what to look for…

bernie weishapl
            Participant

I am not so sure it would be magnets as how would you hold brass plates? I think those would be studs with screws in them to hold the plates. I have the Elma machine and it is the caddy of bushing machines IMHO. It is not cheap but it will last you a lifetime. I have had mine over 30 yrs and still in excellent shape. It uses KWM bushings and has a wooden base that holds over a 1000 bushings. Here is mine.

The base was $155 and the cutters, pushers, and stumps were another $200 and the tool is $1299.

chris mabbott
              Participant

That’s the one Bernie, thanks for reposting.. Is that base new, I don’t remember it from before, it’s a nice addition..

Hey Bernie, I thought you said that due to age, you sometimes forget things, well, you kinda got us on the magnet versus brass plates 😆 now I feel ….duh 🙄

willofiam

If you search “bergeon bushing machine” or “KWM bushing machine” the top post matches are first in the list. William

chris mabbott
                  Participant

@willofiam wrote:

If you search “bergeon bushing machine” or “KWM bushing machine” the top post matches are first in the list. William

Hmm, thanks William, that does work, but I could not think of the model that Bernard had 🙄 so it was simply bushing machine, which resulted in no results 😆
                    This is the problem with search, you have to have the exact match or no cigar, and in most cases, those searching do not know, myself included :?

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

😆 I told my wife the other day my steel trap mind was getting slightly rusty. She said, “yes of course it is but it always bounces back when it is convenient.” 😆 😆

jim1228
                      Participant

Hey Doug,
                        That plate on that Bergeon bushing machine looks to be modified by someone. It looks as though someone was trying to be clever and I doubt those are magnets, like Bernie said brass is not magnetic.
                        Jim

Bob Tascione

Hi Guys,
                          The three posts you see in the pic are strong magnetic clamps. The clamping of the plate is done mechanically at the top of the clamps and can be moved anywhere on that steel base plate and are held magnetically to the plate. Haven’t used one so not sure how good they are.

Bob

digitaltripper
                          Participant

@Chris Mabbott wrote:

Gentlemen, gentlemen, now I must insist that for some, Bergeon can do no wrong, it is, after all, the toolmakers version of the Vatican :lol.

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA. So true so true…can’t be a watchmaker without THE BIG B

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.