Home Forums General Discussion Forum Beautiful Mill

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    michael weaver
    Participant

I was looking around and stumbled across this unbelievable 1/14 scale mill and thought I would share it. I knew if David hadn’t seen it yet he would definitely want to. Here she is and the link for more info on it. http://www.planetdiecast.com/index2.php?&option=com_content&task=view&id=86778&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=971

randy
      Participant

We had a few just like this ( only larger ) in the machine shop I supported years ago…really cool !

Bob Tascione

That’s incredible! Beautiful work right down to the power connection!
          Thanks for posting it.
          Bob

david pierce
          Participant

Mike,
            That is one of the coolest things I ever saw. Thank you for posting it.
            david

bernie weishapl
            Participant

Now that is cool. Thanks for posting.

michael weaver
              Participant

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a video of the guy using it. All we can hope for is that David will buy it and post a video for us. :D

chris mabbott
                Participant

CUUUte I want one 8-)

peggy332014
                  Participant

I went to the link David posted, and it’s a nice one! I couldn’t find a price on it! I’ve been searching all over the web to find the bench tools, and the cheapest bushing machine I found was $500! Ouch! ❗ ❗ I’ve looked through Ebay and did find some good bargains, but most are bid items, and I can’t commit to those yet. I’m wanting to get a few tools that are inexpensive so I can get some hands-on practice. I’m also looking for a comparable Ingraham movement but they cost as much as a whole clock! At the first of the month I’m going to have hubby go check the local pawn shop and see if they have a few cheap manual clocks and pocket watches so I can start practicing! :D :D

ewinrow
                    Participant

Really nice of equipment. Down the road I will be looking for something of the sort. More education 1st. I have worked with lathes before and was darn good at close tolerances, but on a much larger and I think more critical scale. (nuclear subs.) I’d like to try my hand at it once more, I’m sure what I have lost can be regained with not many issues. Thanks for the post.

michael weaver
                      Participant

Peggy, good vintage tools can be found at a reasonable price if you are patient and know where to look. I will repeat the same thing everyone told me “don’t buy cheap tools”. If you get Donald de Carle’s book “Practical Watch Repairing”, and you should, he goes through a list of basic tools that you have to have. This is an old book but everything still applies. Once you get an idea of what you want to work on and what you need you can look at Uncle Larry’s Watch Shop website and get almost everything you need. He is a member here and a wealth of knowledge. You can even call and bug him like I do.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.