Home Forums General Discussion Forum Barrel Springs Hermle 340-020

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chuckc1
    Participant

Hello all,
      I have a question about barrel hooks for spring winders. I have a Webster spring winder that i purchased on eBay.
      I am working on a Hermle 340-020. The barrels are chime = 41 and strike and time = 40. I removed and installed the springs by hand because I could not get the hook to fit the barrel hole. Has anyone else had this problem with a Webster spring winder? Since the Hermle movements, working with the second movement now, are the only movements I have run into with the barrels so far, are there different style hooks for different barrels? Is this a common problem to the Webster winders?

Thanks for any suggestions
      Chuck

Anonymous

Hello Chuck,
        I used to have a Webster but now use an Ollie Baker. The Webster was a good winder. I don’t recall ever having a problem with the hook fitting Hermle barrel holes but if thats the case can you modify or add another hook onto the Webster that fits? Only a suggestion but thats what I would probably try to do.

Dan

chuckc1
        Participant

Hi Dan,
          It just seems that the diameter of these barrels is also small and, because of the shape of the hook, the hook in a position there is nothing to hang on. Especially with the tail of the spring still hooked to the barrel.
          That was also the reason I asked if there are different hooks available. Maybe this hook is not the correct hook for this diameter barrel. I will try to modify the hook to fit :?:
          Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.