Home Forums General Discussion Forum Balance screw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chaplin37
    Participant

Does anyone have a trick to screwing the screw back in that holds the balance stud without it flying across the room?

tmac1956
      Participant

chaplin37:

Do you have a set of balance screw holding tools?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Balance-Wheel-Screw-Holder-Sliding-Collar-Watchmaker-Tool-Swiss-Made-/141275176781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e4a81f4d

They’re not perfect but I don’t think I could replace those tiny screws without them. If you do have a pair of these you can lay the screw down in the horizontal, open the tool, slide it over the screw head, slightly tighten it down, adjust it and then do the final tightening.

I hope that helps!
        Tom

chris mabbott
        Participant

Like Tom says, they’re not perfect because you….. still gotta grab em 😆

Try licking the end of your smallest screwdriver, then they stick to it, at least that’s what I do, works fine. Besides, I was told that there are no psychological issues related to licking your tool :?

chaplin37
          Participant

Thank you tom and chris,

I just bought one of those tools today tom so thank you again. Chris I tried to like the end of the tweezers like i do when i install a roller jewel but havent had any luck.

tmac1956
            Participant

@Chris Mabbott wrote:

Like Tom says, they’re not perfect because you….. still gotta grab em 😆

Try licking the end of your smallest screwdriver, then they stick to it, at least that’s what I do, works fine. Besides, I was told that there are no psychological issues related to licking your tool :?

Hehehe…. It seems like I remember George Daniels talk about this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.