Home Forums General Discussion Forum Balance Hole Jewel Sizing for Knickerbocker Pocket watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mdoolittle
    Participant

So as one of my first projects I took apart a non-working Knickerbocker 7 Jewel pocket watch. It’s turn of the century junk basically from what I read on the internet. I have successfully found the problem- the balance hole jewel had some shards broken off that fell into the cap jewel. Needs to be replaced obviously. How do I measure this jewel to find a suitable replacement? This is not a common watch so parts are not readily available by size number like Elgin etc. I don’t even know if this is possible to find replacement but wondered if anyone had any info on where to look. Thanks. Marc

ticktockshoppe
      Participant

Hello Marc,
        I acquired several assortments of loose hole and cap jewels quite a while ago but do not remember the suppliers name. You may find assortments on ebay or can check with suppliers online. I use jewels from these assortments often and fit them by measuring the diameter of the jewel and the inside diameter of the whole or setting that it needs to go into. Of course the hole through the jewel is determined to be the correct size before hand.
        Best of luck Marc and happy holidays to you.
        Ian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.