Home Forums General Discussion Forum Anyone know a good source for tall case clock weights?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Solomon
    Participant

I am also a Woodworker who likes to build cases for tall case and wall clocks. I also work on old mechanical movements and get them back into working order. I have several Hermle grandfather clock movements that I am refurbishing. I can find the clock faces and pendulums fairly easily, but I have not been able to find a good source for lead weights. I have the brass sleves, but need weights, 7.9 and 9.9 lbs for these movements. Any suggestions on good sources would be appreciated. Ebay does not seem to have them.

John
      Participant

Any clock supply company, like Ronell, Mile High Clock Supply, Timesavers, or Merritt’s should be able to help you. Butterworth Clocks would be a great source also. They are extremely knowledgeable.

MikeJohannesen
        Participant

John is correct. Almost all clock supply companies sell weight inserts for shells. Both cast steel and lead. Pick the one that is closest to your location as shipping is where you’ll pay the most. All shippers charge by the pound so, 2 or 3 weights @ 8 – 10 lbs a piece can be pricey. They should also carry long case weights as well.

Timesavers is good for central / west. Clockworks is good for east.

Good Luck and happy hunting!

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.