Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ansonia desk clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Hey guys and gals, I have a Ansonia desk clock that I have a simple question for. when taking it apart the pieces on the minute arbor slid right off. after a thorough going thru and put back together, the hands are not moving, I assumed the pressure from this sandwiched between the plates would put enough friction on these parts to make it work but I am now thinking I have to press fit the end brass collet tight enough to have the friction needed. Am I right about that? have a great day, William,
      here is a couple of photos

mahlon
      Participant

He William, That looks a lot like the small movement I was asking you about a while back to help identify. It has the same spring loaded arbor. Could the spring be set and not applying enough pressure when the plates are back together?Mahlon

mahlon
        Participant

After posting I remembered that the wheel on mine was friction fit, because I had trouble with the clock striking 7-10 min. before the hour. I twisted the wheel on the arbor back and tightened it on the arbor. and it solved the problem. Mahlon

willofiam

Thanks Mahlon, here is what I did, has been working just fine now..William

arutha
            Participant

Nice work William :) Glad you got it done :)

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Great job William.

chris mabbott
                Participant

Nice work William, you know I’m impressed :)

willofiam

Thanks guys, see, even old dogs do new tricks. really not a big deal just hope that it should be like that, most likely….William

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.