Home Forums Hints, Tips and Tricks another way of getting roller jewel into roller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sgoodstal
    Participant

I always seem to get that sick feeling every time I start to put a roller jewel into the table, but after many lost jewels I have found by placing your roller table into a combination tool with the D slot pointing out of the fingers and laying the jewel flat side down on your bench mat you press your roller table down slightly into the mat, even with the jewel and using a large needle just push the jewel and it goes right in. Give it a try works every time for me

willofiam

great idea, what kind of mat? do you think using rodico in the same fashion would work? William

sgoodstal
        Participant

William I use a thin mat on my bench like the one you would line the bottom of a tool box with. I bought mine at harbor freight. I don’t know if radico would work because you need the small amount of flex the mat gives and the jewel slide on it very easy. I have a flat mat not the one with the cress cross pattern.

sgoodstal
          Participant

just to add I always remove the roller from the staff

david pierce
            Participant

On Youtube there is a video of Mark Lovick repairing a loose roller jewel. He has put together a series of excellent watch repair videos called THE WATCH REPAIR CHANNEL.

arutha
              Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_PC0TnQuyM the video as suggested by David. This guy is good :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.