Home Forums General Discussion Forum Anniversary clock pendulum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike C
    Participant

Hello,

I recently purchased a Forestville Anniversary Clock. It was one of two items for sale on e-bay. I wasn’t really as interested in this clock as I was the other until my mother saw it and immediately fell in love with it. She mentioned that her parents had one like it MANY years ago. My problem is that it did not come with the pendulum. I have matched the back to plate 1106 which states “Standard 4-Ball Pendulum Miniature Movement”. I am new to horology in general and even newer to Torsion Clocks. Does this mean any Standard 4-Ball Pendulum will work or that it has to be for a miniature Movement? This creates more questions like, “What makes one a standard pendulum? Is there a weight factor to consider for ‘standard’?” I have the Repair Guide and understand that the weight needs to be away from center but surely the amount of weight matters? Could you suggest a pendulum for my clock or let me know what was original for it? I would like to get it running as soon as possible and give it to Mom as a gift. I am sorry for being so long winded.

I thank you all in advance. Even if you don’t have the answer you were kind enough to put up with me this long. haha

Michael Chilldres

Dell
      Participant

All I do is torsion clocks can you post a picture of back and I can tell you what pendulum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.