Home Forums General Discussion Forum AmScope Pics – Bad Jewel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I finally got my AmScope 20-40X set up to take pics. While I still have to figure out the image optimization software, the image shows the potential value of the tool to someone like myself with less than average eye sight. I like the way the back lighting reveals the actual crack versus a suface blemish.

Thanks!
      tmac

randy
      Participant

That appears to be a very useful tool !

Thanks for sharing

Randy

willofiam

great pictures tmac, how did you take those thru the amscope???? Bob, where do you draw the line with natural jewels, am I right in saying that a natural jewel can have flaws, I am under the impression that as long as they are not damaged in the pivot area then they may be alright even with cracks/ flaws throughout the jewel, am I wrong about this??? is there anything else to be looking at???? thanks guys, William

david pierce
          Participant

William,
            If you are an NAWCC member your can pull up a video made by the Illinois watch company that covers the complete manufacturing process of watch jewels.
            david

tmac1956
            Participant

@willofiam wrote:

great pictures tmac, how did you take those thru the amscope???? Bob, where do you draw the line with natural jewels, am I right in saying that a natural jewel can have flaws, I am under the impression that as long as they are not damaged in the pivot area then they may be alright even with cracks/ flaws throughout the jewel, am I wrong about this??? is there anything else to be looking at???? thanks guys, William

Willofiam:

I bought this little camera that fits into one of the eye pieces – it comes with software too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NC9OMK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!
              tmac

tmac1956
              Participant

@tmac1956 wrote:

@willofiam wrote:

Willofiam:

I bought this little camera that fits into one of the eye pieces – it comes with software too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NC9OMK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reagrding this jewel… its the one that was replaced and where the “botchmaker” gouged up the case in order to hold in the jewel. Additionally, it appears to to be at a different Z dimension than the original. I don’t know if it’s a natural or a man-made jewel.

Thanks!
                tmac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.