Home Forums General Discussion Forum Alaron Clock Unwind Mishap & damaged wheel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    barkerclaudia
    Participant

Learned the hard way that “All purppose Tie’s” will not hold “all” main springs. 😮 One held the other exploded and I’m guessing that’s when one of my wheels was damaged…lol…DO WE HAVE A PART’S EXCHANGE??? :?: Looking for this wheel..it is approx 1.5″ long…

willofiam

Hi barkerclaudia, you are absolutely right ;) about using the cable tie, or zip tie, please use those only on small weaker springs, and my post showing it with the large mainspring was to position the spring and not actually hold it. the mainspring also has a steel “c-clamp” on it, as always use caution with these mainsprings, I had used a lighter weight wire once and the mainspring pulled that right apart, I too learned a lesson, As Bob says in the video, “use a hefty wire” and for good reason as we both now know. take care and hope you find a new wheel :D , possible if you had more info on the works, arbor diameter, wheel diameter, thickness and # of leaves or teeth someone may have one. William

barkerclaudia
        Participant

Thanks William. I will try to measure the wheel. maybe then we could start a place on here where we can measure and list parts we have to sell or trade with a picture. I have my “c” clamps and will be sure to use them next time. Hey Bob…how about a page where we can buy, sell or trade parts.???? And all members get unlimited access to it “forever!” 😆

pkamargo
          Participant

Wow, this wheel got very damaged! If were only a few teeth, I would say to make a teeth implant… But in this case although it could be a solution it would take a lot of work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.