Home Forums General Discussion Forum A call from Bob

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mahlon
    Participant

First Bob, let me say I so enjoyed visiting with you this morning. If you knew what went through my mine in the first few sec. of you telling me who was calling,1. the thought that my wife was right( and I so hate that) when she warned me about posting the pic of our dog. Her exact words were Bob might not appreciate your since of humor. Then there was the memory of drawing a picture of my second grade teacher with a mustache. She had no since of humor at all! Anyway Bob, I just want you to know just how good it felt for you to take the time to welcome and encourage me in such a personal way. Well better go my wife is telling to get over it and go back to work. She’s just mad that she doesn’t know any movie stars 😆 😆 Mahlon

peggy332014
      Participant

I wanted to share how it was when Bob first called me when I started here. I was having login problems, and he just went ahead and called me. I thought it was special that Mr Tascione would call me personally!

At the time, I did not know he was “Bob” in the video’s. I had only glanced through the first one, and had not paid attention to the man’s name on the video. :D 🙄

Then after talking to Bob on the phone, I went to my video I was watching and when I heard his name on the video, I thought “OH MY!” That was the Bob I talked to! WOW! That was so special to me!

Thanks Bob! You were young then..in the video’s! 😆 😆

arutha
        Participant

I too was surprised the first time Bob called, it was a very pleasant surprise and the encouragement from him was great. The fact he takes time out to call, and bear in mind I am in the UK and he was on the phone for a least an hour, is brilliant and I really appreciated it. Now a few years down the line I look at the money I paid for the course and it was worth every penny as not only did I get a stack of useful information and have learnt a lot from it but I have also made some very good friends through this forum including Bob.
          Thank you Bob :)
          Paul.

chris mabbott
          Participant

And here I was living under the delusion that I was Bobs only special friend 😥 😥

Seriously though, I was also surprised at his very nice gesture of personally welcoming me to the site, a touch that is lacking in these days of remote communication. And unlike Mahlons faithful protector… Bob doesn’t bite…..hard 😆 😆

mahlon
            Participant

Hey Chris, Bob said you would say that, but he said I was his favorite 8-) 8-) 8-) Mahlon

peggy332014
              Participant

No comment! 😆 😆 😆 😆

Bob Tascione

Thanks everyone!
                  I appreciate all of you very much and always enjoy our phone conversations! :)

Bob

david pierce
                  Participant

Bob,
                    That reminds me. How about giving me a call tomorrow. I picked up my Vickers/Knoop hardness tester last week.
                    david

Bob Tascione

Sure will David!
                      Will call about 12:00 noon your time if that’s good.

Bob

david pierce
                      Participant

Thanks Bob,
                        If possible please make it 1:30 EST. I got in late tonight and had my dispatch time changed to 12:30 tomorrow. I am in a terrible time crunch and it doesn’t look like it is going to let up in the next few months. Talk to you tomorrow.
                        Thanks,
                        david

Bob Tascione

Sounds good David,
                          I’ll set my alarm for 1:30. Sure hope the guy that repaired it did a decent job!
                          Sleep well tonight!
                          Bob

david pierce
                          Participant

Bob,
                            Now that is funny. I am sure that the guy who repaired it did a fine job.
                            david

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.