• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Well ebay got the best of me today. I added a couple of more 400 day clocks to my collection. Actually the white faced with flowers is for a first clock I bought. The little arm that holds the verge was cracked and I am guessing from to much adjusting with a screwdriver. Anyway when I pushed on it slightly it broke. Oh well can be upset as the guy didn’t know what he had since he bought it at a estate sale. Anyway bought a second one which is the first picture with the same movement which will replace the one that is broke. Hopefully someday will cut a piece of brass in a dovetail then cut a dovetail in the rear plate swedge it together with a little tix solder and hopefully all will work well. That’s was the plan except today a friend of mine says he has a parts movement that he has used wheels out of that is exactly like this one and I could have the rear plate. So that will be faster and easier. 😆 Anyway will get them in and go thru them. Once running will go on the shelf with the other 15.

Bob Tascione

Nice find Bernie.
        Wow 15 Anniversary clocks! Looks like you’re working on getting one for each year you’ve been married.
        If that’s the plan I hope you have enough shelf space! :D

Adios for now,
        Bob

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Thanks Bob. Well if I am going to do that I am going to have to hurry. I will need 47 by December 30th. 😆 Always have had a fascination with them. So complicated but yet so simple. I bought several at auctions and garage sales but just never had the time. So decided I needed to get some going. So kinda sneaking them in inbetween other repairs.

Bob Tascione

I’m with you Bernie,
            I too like 400 day as well as cuckoo clocks.
            47 years is a loooong time! You have me beat by almost 7 years. I say almost cuz your 47th is at the end of this month and our 40th anniversary is today Dec. 9 :D….which reminds me…I better get out of this shop and sneak back upstairs!

Adios for now,
            Bob

arutha
            Participant

Nice clocks Bernie, its always good to find something you like.
              Well done to both you and Bob, that is amazing! I will make it to my 40th wedding anniversary in only 37 years 😯
              Paul :)

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Thanks Paul. I actually enjoy 400 day clocks and am fascinated by them. Like I said so simple but on the other hand can make you pull your hair out. 😆

Happy Anniversary Bob. Yes it is a long time but when it is your best friend it sure doesn’t seem that long. Ours is December 30th. Married in the middle of a raging blizzard in Denver, Colo. 😆 We still laugh about some of the things that happened that day.

Bob Tascione

Thanks Bernie!
                  You’re sure right about time passing quickly when you’re best friends.
                  We also met during a blizzard and are celebrating our 40th right now in that same mountain village. We are expecting some harsh weather up here late tonight! Hopefully we get snowed in so we can stay a few more days!

Bob

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

We got snowed in at our motel and thankfully they had a cafe at the time. We didn’t mind at all being snowed in. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.