Home Forums General Discussion Forum 25 jewel Buren pocket watch…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I just bought a 25 jewel BUREN pocket watch on eBay, however, I don’t know much about the company. I did find out that they were a Swiss company that was purchased by Hamilton so they could move their production over seas. The seller stated that the balance was good and it has one of the better regulators on it. I’ve never seen a 25 jewel watch before so I’m wondering if anyone can give me some input on it.

Here’s a pick:

Thanks!
      Tom

Bob Tascione

Beats me Tom.
        The Gooseneck regulator is a good regulator but that and 25 jewels almost seems like overkill when you look at the rest of the movement. Does that say 3 adjustments on the bridge? Can’t make it out too well. If it’s 3 then most likely just a dressed up movement for the export market. Buren used to make railroad watch movements for the Mexican railroad which I see occasionally down here in Mexico. I think they were either 21j or 23j (or possibly both). Hamilton bought them out back in the 60s I think but that movement looks a lot older than that?? They also made a watch for export called Elgin. I think that’s the one they sold here in Mexico.

Bob

tmac1956
        Participant

Bob:

I got it $29.99 so I figured it was a good deal either way. It does look like three adjusted positions for the movement but the picture is poor so I won’t know until I get it in. I’ve always thought that anything over 23 jewels was just fluff and didn’t add anything to the design.

Thanks!
          Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.