Home Forums General Discussion Forum Bulova electric clock Reply To: Bulova electric clock

oldschool
Participant

Hi Will & BoB
    I Took BoBs Advice and went to the website. Found that the cost of the repaired unit was to costly, with out knowing if it is the issue and seen how the parts is assembled. I took the information gathered and tested the coil and it was good. I then went back to the rotor. It is call a pancake model duaa! I then very carefully took my torch on low heat and removed the solder from the joint. I gently removed the cap. And I found a lot of bad grease (old ugly looking stuff that stunk) I cleaned all the gears and the coil in it. Used some lith assembly lube from work. I still in the back of my mind that if I can’t make it work I could spend the $150.00 on a rebuilt one. Put it back together and tested. I call My wife into my shop to show her and she told me that I must be some kind of clock dude because it works, All the little gizmos are turning. Sometimes I impress myself.posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=703# Now she has a nice Bulova mantel clock to go with her watch. SO I want to let you all know that with the help for here it could be done. Spent $5.00 on the clock and 50 cents for grease.
    Again Thanks
    Bob and Will
    And now on to the musical coco clock that needs to be cleaned
    Thanks Again
    Kyle