Home Forums General Discussion Forum "Timekeepers: A Documentary" by Dustin Muncy Reply To: "Timekeepers: A Documentary" by Dustin Muncy

tmac1956
Participant

@Dustin Muncy wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for posting about the project. I’ve really enjoyed going through the forum discussions here and reading all the information that everyone is able to offer.

You pretty much summed the entire project up nicely. The final film will be given away to any Horological organizations or institutions as a means of educating another generation of Horologists, or even those that have never given thought to how the measurement of time has arrived to where it is today. We’ve received some great support from the Horological community so far.

There’s also a shorter documentary you can view on the page that I worked on over the course of a couple months. It deals with a group of Horologists that I interviewed and asks how they became involved in the field. There are some interesting facts in it too.

If anyone has any questions or comments, just let me know and I can answer whatever you need.

Best Regards,

Dustin Muncy

Dustine:

Have you contacted PBS for possible foundation funding? This really looks like a good candidate for something like the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur foundation. I can easily see this as a series on PBS.

Great work!
    tmac1956