Home Forums General Discussion Forum Seiko V657 Reply To: Seiko V657

Bob Tascione

Hi Rob,
    I’m trying to remember as it’s been a while since I’ve worked with newer Seikos and as you know I have few books to refer to down here on the boat…so anyone reading this please feel free to correct me if I’m off track.
    The V657 on the face and the back refers to the caliber number. The 8120 on the dial should refer to the dial…meaning if you wish to order a new dial you would probably use that number. The 9021 on the back should be the reference number for the case and the AO…hmmm…I’m guessing here but I thought it had something to do with what type of opener to use. Someone help me here. Also there should be a serial number which when deciphered will tell you the manufac. date and the production run number for the month. So something like 6D2468 would be 1996 or 2006 for the number 6 (I think you have to guess the decade) the D would be for December (I remember that one) and the 2468 would be the production run for that month.
    I’ll email a frind who’s a Seiko fanatic to check this out and will make corrections in a follow up post if necessary.

Bob