- Topics Started: 119
- Total Posts: 1525
Ach zo, a mini progress report ja 😆
What with other obligations, visitors, too hot weather and being knackered combined with slightly jaded I finally managed to build up some steam yesterday..
So, With the help of the welders, we got it boarded. I reinstalled the Z-axis and after about 4 install, take apart, adjust, install attempts, I finally was happy with the amount of backlash I achieved although I didn’t put a dial on it to get the exact reading, and I don’t really trust the mic on the machine, but this is the amount registered before the gears mesh, call it what we will 😆 . When it arrived it had about 12mil +_. I blued the gear teeth to check the mating, so this is about as good as it gets, fine for my purposes.