Home Forums General Discussion Forum Bridge/wheel alligment Reply To: Bridge/wheel alligment

ewinrow
Participant

@ewinrow wrote:

@david pierce wrote:

Ed,
    As I am sure you know, watch parts are extremely tiny. They are not only hard to see without magnafication but they are hard to manipulate without some special tools. The good news is you can make some of these tools yourself. Almost every grocery store sells bamboo skewers and small sewing needles. Take some of the skewers and cut them into 2 inch lengths. Drill tiny holes into one end of each piece with one of the sewing needles. Clip off the eye of the needle and shove that end into the hole you just drilled. Make sure you use the smallest needles you can find. You can bend the ends of some of the needles to various angles to suit your needs. I have also ground part of the eyes away and pushed the pointed end into the handle to work on hairsprings. Once you have some of these made you will find that you will use them almost every time you work on a watch.
    david

Hey David,
    You may have something that will benefit me in my endeavors and frustrating moments. I would have never thought of this one. I have been making tools to accommodate me and they have worked some wonders for me, but with this watch, I’ll set the center wheel and the forth wheel and the release and click will pop out and upon re-setting them the second and or third wheel acts-up. I have purchased many tools. Now I have a much greater outlook on this subject. Thanks and on my way out now to locate these items. Will keep you abreast of my progress. Happy new year. Ed…..

Hey Dave: I made a mistake when I said (Release wheel and click.) I meant, (Release wheel and pallet fork.) Now with that being said, I took your advice and got it. Very good advice. One thing also, I started with the release wheel and worked my way to all of the larger ones. Do you know if their is a start to finish on this or is it just workers preference? Or which ever way allows you to achieve your goal. Thanks David. Ed…..