Home Forums General Discussion Forum Lathe collets… Reply To: Lathe collets…

david pierce
Participant

Tmac,
    My guess would be $550.00 to $600.00. It appears to be in good shape. I have been following this stuff for a few years now and it seems to constantly go up in value. There is a perception out there in watchmaker world that things manufactured in Switzerland are the best, Germany is second best and China and Japan make junk. The reality is that this is not true. The Chinese (Sincere) lathe is made by the same factory that makes the German (Vector) lathe. In fact, it is the same lathe.One lathe is labeled Sincere and the other lathe is labeled Vector. When they were caught doing this the sales pitch became “well, the lathe is made in China but it is finished and adjusted in Germany”. I own one of these and it does not need “finishing and adjusting”. It is a great ultra precision watchmaker lathe. I found out a few weeks ago that the BERGEON $39,000.00 Swiss lathe is really made by a company called DIXI which is owned by Mori Seki, a Japanese company. It is also a great ultra precision watchmaker lathe. The thing that makes your WW style lathe so good is that it is capable of being used to make small (watch size) and large (clock size) parts. It offers extreme precision as well as strength and rigidity.
    david