Home Forums Member Shop Pics. A humble begining "Mclark3617" Reply To: A humble begining "Mclark3617"

david pierce
Participant

McLark,
    It looks like you are well on the way to having a first rate set up. I tried for a long time to work on watches doing watch repair on our computer bench. It was not an ideal situation but things really went bad after I dissasembeled a chronometer and left the parts on the computer bench. When I was able to get back to the repair I saw parts scattered all over the bench and the floor. I then realized that it was time to get a dedicated watchmaker bench and put it in a dedicated room. As you do this more and more you will find that you will be rearranging the location of your machines to suit your particular work pattern and accommodate other tools that you will purchase in the future.
    You may want to cover the top of your bench with a green vinyl sheet. This is the same material that was used for drafting boards. Tom sent me a link and I bought a decent size roll of it for not too much money. It provides a really nice work surface for watch repair. I cover my movements on the bench with glass desert cups that I bought from Wall Mart for $2.00 each. They are the perfect size and work great.
    david