Home Forums General Discussion Forum The Bob Tascione Question and Answer Post Reply To: The Bob Tascione Question and Answer Post

Bob Tascione

:D Good one Tom!
    Hey you guys are welcome anytime. Got a spare quest room.
    Glad you liked the story! Surprised but glad.
    I was pretty lucky to have that opportunity but I think we all have something far better than that now. The Internet! Youtube, forums etc. We used to have to wait to go to chapter meetings to converse with others about horology but now we have instant access to forums where we can pick each others brains. That’s really powerful stuff. An example would be Williams current Hershede restoration project http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840 . We’re all able to learn almost real time and ask questions as he posts pics and explains how he goes about doing different things. We never had anything like that. Many other examples like Chris Mabbotts excellent demos etc. Or being able to ask David about tooling or machine problems, receiving detailed answers within hours or sometimes minutes! The coolest thing for me though is we now have the opportunity to problem solve together as a group. Ton’s of creativity flows out of group participation. I guess what I’m saying is what used to take many years to learn can now be done in a fraction of the time. I really believe that many up here (not referring to the forum but online exposure) learn more in a year than what used to take many years pre-internet. Then there’s the encouragement thing! Whole ‘nuther subject.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
    Shrimps on the barbie!
    Bob