- Topics Started: 119
- Total Posts: 1525
All this cleaning, de-greasing, sanding and polishing has taken me half the day. Not to mention the cooling fan blades that were coated with lacquer to be non-conductive, have lost some of this material. I decided to use an orange primer to cover the base metal as this type of paint can be used as a rust proofing agent in motors, I’ve even seen a lite coat used on the rotor to prevent oxidation.
Here is the finished task ready for assembly, as soon as I find my insulating tape and repair the wiring..
This little motor will be used on my Marshall lathe and will hopefully provide a beefier power source than the previous one, well, I bloody well hope it will after all this work 😡
Now it’s time for a German beer