- Topics Started: 90
- Total Posts: 1360
I just thought of a few more low cost items to get started.
1) Small bamboo Shish Kabob skewers available from any supermarket.
2) Caps from plastic milk bottles to hold and organize parts. Wash them in the dishwasher first.
3) Rodico: available from Lancaster Horogolical Supply. Go to Ebay and type in BERGEON and they will come up. I don’t know of any other way to bring up their site.
4) Very small fine sewing needles
5) An inexpensive clamp type movement holder. You can find them on Ebay for about $5.00. Type in WATCH TOOLS.
The skewers are useful to hold things down while you are working on the movement. They can also be sawn into two inch lengths and drilled into the end with a small drill bit. Then cut off the eye of the needle and push it into the hole. You can make up several of these and heat and bend the sharp tips to various angles. You cannot imagine how useful these can be.