Home Forums General Discussion Forum Happy Thanksgiving… Reply To: Happy Thanksgiving…

randy
Participant

@david pierce wrote:

All,
    Thanksgiving was always my favorite holiday because it was a family oriented laid back time of the year. I got off work at 11:00 pm and got home at around midnight so I decided to slug down 5 or 6 shots of DRAMBUIE. WOW!!!!! Back in 1969-1971 I was in the U.S. Army. The first half of my duty was at Fort Rucker Alabama (Dalevale) playing flute and piccolo in the 98th Army Band. i will never forget playing at the Dothan Alabama Peanut Festival marching behind cement trucks churning out millions of peanuts onto the streets of Dothan. After growing up in Los Angeles California the experience of the Southern culture shock was almost surreal. After spending most of my life in the South (I am now 65) I still do not have a clue about Southern culture. Oh well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    david

Interesting David,…I was a drill instructor ( and sax player ) in the west coast USCG band stationed in Alameda Ca. from 73-75. I can relate to strange gigs.
    The oddest one I think was in Watsonville, the Artichoke Capital of the World ,…and you couldn’t get anything to eat that didn’t have them in it…including milkshakes ???
    Did my share of wild times as well..young buck, full of beans….

Bob,..hope you get fed without being injured too badly…..

Best to you all and your families,

Randy