Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hardness of steel rod… Reply To: Hardness of steel rod…

david pierce
Participant

Tom,
    No, I thank you. I have probably learned far more from your questions than you learned from my answers. I spent more than 30 years of my life in the manufacturing industry and enjoy having at least some link to my past. Because of Bob’s similar background and the way he set up and conducts this program, I feel that I can look back and at least know I do not have to throw that portion of my life down the sewer. The job I currently have is dull mindless drugery interlaced with moronic numbskulls constantly making bad decisions. Outside of the fact that it pays well, it has little else to offer. My career has changed from working out a mathematical algorithm and writing a computer program to generate the surface of a propeller blade, to, make sure I wear my company uniform properly and leave and arrive on time. My shop gives me a small glimmer of hope that I can someday do something a little more challenging and rewarding in my later years.
    david